Do you make resolutions? If you’re like most people, you make at least a few resolutions every new year. Most of the time these focus on things like shedding some weight, getting a promotion, or making more money. Unfortunately, most of the time resolutions are short-lived, being forgotten just a couple weeks into the year.
While we can’t help you stick to your goals for the new year, we can offer you some resolutions you’ll want to stick with so that 2019 is your healthiest ever!
- Exercise regularly, at least 3 to 5 times each week. This doesn’t have to be intensive, it just needs to be consistent. Just a walk after dinner each night is a great start!
- Work to improve your flexibility by stretching regularly. Sticking to this can have instant benefits by quickly reducing stiffness and improving mobility.
- Improve your diet by removing one unhealthy thing a month until you’ve eliminated items that are harming your health. For many this will mean working to reduce sugar, caffeine, sodas, or junk food.
- Increase your intake of healthy food by adding one new thing each month. You can easily achieve this by adding something like broccoli, salads, fresh fruit, and high-fiber food to a couple meals a day.
- Seek help to improve or resolve your chronic pain issues. This single resolution can have a tremendously positive impact on your overall well-being.
- Leave sleep deprivation behind by resolving to get plenty of sleep in the new year. This means consistently getting enough sleep and improving the quality of sleep you get.
- Make sure you drink enough water, each and every day. This can be difficult for some, especially in cold months, but hydration is important for overall health.
- Stress undermines your health and well-being, so work to reduce it actively wherever you can.
- We can’t eliminate all stress, but we can look for healthy ways to cope with it. Make this the year you find healthy outlets for the stress in your life so that it doesn’t take a toll on your health.
- Resolve to see the doctor regularly and have any recommended tests done, such as your cholesterol, blood sugar, and hormones.
Nothing takes the joy out of life as quickly as health issues, so instead of just focusing on weight, focus on making improvements to your health and well-being. And, of course, we’re always here to help you resolve your pain issue or improve your general health.